PTFE Medical Device Coatings
Precision Coating offers a variety of medical device coatings, including:
Core PTFE Wire Medical Device Coatings
Medical device wires requiring Precision Coatings’ PTFE coatings are predominantly made of stainless steel. These wires demand low friction coatings with good adhesion and tightly controlled tolerances. Substrates can vary from a single non-ground to multi-diameter ground wires that require extensive masking.
There are no limits to the incoming wire diameter that can be PTFE coated.
Our innovative, proprietary, high-quality, low friction PTFE green 8-403P medical device coatings are used extensively on core wires. We offer a number of other PTFE coatings, as well.
Benefits of our core wire PTFE coating services include:
- Multiple color options. The most common color is green, but black, blue, gray, brown, and natural (un-pigmented) medical device coatings are also available.
- Expert engineering assistance. As a complementary service, our engineering department is always on-hand to help you specify before- and after-coating tolerances and specifications.
Hypotubes Wire Medical Device Coatings
When applying PTFE coatings to hypotubes, there are no outside diameter limits. Lengths vary from 2 cm to 300 cm.
Benefits of our hypotube coating service include:
- Low friction coating. Hypotubes can be coated in black, blue, or green PTFE coatings for low friction. We offer low-cure versions that do not oxidize the outer diameter (OD) or inner diameter (ID), eliminating the need for post-tarnish removal.
- Selective area coating. Selective coating of areas or masking of non-coated marker band surfaces is well within our capabilities.
There are no limits on the mandrels that we can coat. Typically, mandrels are made from stainless steel or nitinol, which can be straight or of multi-shaped configurations. We can also add our medical device coatings to multi-diameter mandrels with masking of any designated surface.
Benefits of our forming mandrel coating services include:
- Low-friction coating. We apply coatings that offer low friction and easy release.
- Variety of coatings to choose from. Coating materials range from PC 8-403P, PTFE, FEP, and PFA.